Peace of God
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
There are many Christians missing the peace that God promises! What seems to be the problem? Using the YKI method for “The 5 Keys to Success” and scripture found in Philippians chapter 4, I am going to help you get the godly peace you desire.
- Truth. What is the honest truth about what you are allowing your mind to think about? “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”4:8 The truth is like pinning a dot on the map. It lets you know where you are and what you are actually doing.
- Goal. Your goal is to experience the peace of God! You must keep the goal at the forefront of your mind and not allow anything into your mind or life that would conflict with your goal! There also needs to be a purpose behind your goal to drive it. For example, you desire peace and the reason you desire this is so that you can focus and better serve the Lord, as well as feel content and calm.
- Plan. What steps will you take to get this peace? My suggestion to you would be to schedule a time each morning to pray, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”,4:6, read God’s Word and meditate on godly vision, “Remember, the Lord is coming soon.” 4:5. Visualizing our good God coming soon, meeting Him in person, feeling His love with you, this is what godly vision is all about. Use your mind and imagination for godly purposes.
- Action. Obedience, also known as “follow through” is what is going to bring the success you desire. Have someone hold you accountable. Get a coach, a friend or get in a small group where you are being held accountable for following through. “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me or seen in me–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” 4:9
- Success. You will reap this godly peace you desire by following these steps. The fifth key of success is to give back! Help others obtain this same peace that you desired and received. Serving God and giving back is the purpose of your goal and God will fulfill His purpose in you if you will allow Him to! One of the ways to help others is to become the coach or disciple Christ has called you to be! Our next Christ Centered Coach Training is coming up soon! Sign up Today!
-La Vonne Earl